Re: Can the Gulf Parishes/Congregations be under one separate Dioces
- Mor Ignatius Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Cathedral - Jebel Ali, Dubai
Procedure for Payment of Donations
1. Donation is financial aid given to any Institution (existing or new) registered with any of the following objectives:
Clergical Studies and Research
Social uplift of poor and destitute
2. Such Institutions seeking donations shall be a Registered Charitable Trust functioning under the administration of any of the following:
Malankara Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church
Church / Institution of Malankara Jacobite Syrian Orthodox Church
H.H. The Patriarch directly.
3. The donation request shall be a general appeal, applicable to all churches in India and shall have the active participation of various churches in India. In other words, donation appeals targeted exclusively to Gulf Region or UAE shall not be considered by the Cathedral with the exception of instructions from H.H. The Patriarch.
4. Donation requests shall have all of the following:
� Written application stating the objective of the Institution/ Project
Copy of the approval from H.H. The Patriarch or Malankara Synod
� Copy of the registered Trust Deed of the project or the project in-charge
� Copy of the project report along with the final layout drawings
� Written endorsement by the Diocesan Bishop.
5. Donations requests shall be directed only to the Managing Committee. Cathedral's functional arms such as MIYA, MIWA or Viswasa Samrakshana Samithi shall not consider or process any such requests directly.
6. Functional arms of the Cathedral are allowed to do only charity payments (charity payment is helping one individual or one family in distress) and all such payments shall be routed through Cathedral’s Managing Committee.
7. The Cathedral shall not budget any amount for donation payments. Once donation request is accepted by Cathedral, the necessary funds shall be collected from members at each time. The Managing Committee shall do appropriate campaigns for collection. In any case, larger amounts shall not be committed as the same may be a difficult task for fulfillment. Repeated requests even for varied projects from any one entity / individual / church / bishop shall not be considered.
8. The applicant shall provide quarterly / half yearly progress reports until completion of the Project. Such progress reports shall be presented to the General Body of the Cathedral by the Managing Committee.
9. Under no circumstances abandoning of any such project without valid and prior information shall be permitted. In case of any such abandoning Cathedral shall be informed of the utilization of the collected funds.
10. In the unlikely event of occurrence of clause 9, Cathedral shall not consider any request from the same source in future.
11. Managing Committee shall inform the above clauses to all proposed applicants prior to their physical presence and / or announcement in the Cathedral.
12. Any deviation of the above shall be done only with prior approval of General Body of the Cathedral which shall be convened as per the clauses of constitution.
Prepared by the Committee appointed by General Body Meeting of the Cathedral held on 16th March 2007 and approved by the General Body Meeting held on 23rd March 2007.
- Dear all,
Mr. Bibu's suggestion is very good, non Keralite Suryoyo bishop who can speak Arabic well and should travel to all Gulf countries and he should establish good relation with Islamic Arab rulers. But do any one believe that they can overcome the traditional" paras" both from people and priests?
ID # 890