Re: Can the Gulf Parishes/Congregations be under one separate Diocese???

  • Mathew Kuruppan
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 9, 2009
      Dear moderator

      I do agree with the suggestion for a Diocese under H H patriarch and a Bishop who can communicate in Arabic, appointed by H H. Dubai church was formed with this idea and run by HH till Malankara Sinod grabed the area from the oversee of HH.

      Under the malankara, we experienced that except UAE other Gulf countries have one bishop and the Managing Committee have power except the spiritual issues.

      In UAE, as what described as the Milking Cow, have many Parishes(Financially sound and not) and the Bishops in charge always interferes in the administrative issues of the church, H G even went ahead with changing the constitutions with the approval from Damascus.

      Who to be blamed, the poor parishioners or the coccus surrounding the Bishop or the aspirants of Higher position from HH.

      Appreciated the formation of the open forum, if all can join hands and do a little for the well being of churches in Gulf , let us all raise our voice.

      Regards

      Mathen
      4159
    • Thomas Mathew
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 9, 2009
        Dear Mr. Mathew,

        Thanks for your opinion. I understand that you are going through a very difficult time suffering from frequent collections and groupism. Even then, in my opinion, changing the bishop does not improve your situation.

        How can you guarantee that proposed NOT A MALAYALEE BISHOP will not approach the parishioners for frequent collections on various
        projects assigned to him ? He may also have projects, only difference is that it may be some other projects somewhere. I think the only solution is to exercise your freedom not to contribute, if you do not like to do so.

        You mentioned, that Achen is making group and get things done by majority. In a society everything will not happen the way we want. Normally any church follows the GB decision. For a few, that decision may not be the way they want it, but it is the way any church functions and we need to abide by it. Here also changing the bishop or achen will not have any major impact.

        Thomas Mathew
        ID -4800