Re: Can the Gulf Parishes/Congregations be under one separate Diocese???

  • Mathew G M
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 7, 2009
      Dear Mr Mathew Thomas,

      Bishops are human too and are not perfect. It is our responsibility to pray for them, so that the Lord will strengthen them and allow them to teach the truth and lead the folk effectively.

      However it is wrong for us to think that Malayalee Bishops will have partiality but Non Malayalee Bishops are perfect and won't have any partiality or will not have any special consideration.

      I beg to differ. I will say Syrian or Arabic Bishops suffer from the same human weakness of Malayalee Bishops. They will also have their own favorites and their own special considerations.

      It is some of the human weeknesses of some of the Syrian bishops that has led to a division of the Syriac church in America, especially in California and the creation of the so called Bishop Gurgan in Europe.

      In Christ,
      Mathew G M
      0929

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Mathew Thomas Kannathumuriyil wrote:
      My opinion is if the Gulf Churches can be controlled directly by His Holiness by appointing a Bishop (NOT A MALAYALEE BISHOP) and this Bishop will administer the Gulf Church Diocese without any partiality and will not have any special consideration to the members according to the region.

      > MATHEW THOMAS KANNATHUMURIYIL
      > ID NO. 3673
    • Mathew Kuruppan
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 9, 2009
        Dear moderator

        I do agree with the suggestion for a Diocese under H H patriarch and a Bishop who can communicate in Arabic, appointed by H H. Dubai church was formed with this idea and run by HH till Malankara Sinod grabed the area from the oversee of HH.

        Under the malankara, we experienced that except UAE other Gulf countries have one bishop and the Managing Committee have power except the spiritual issues.

        In UAE, as what described as the Milking Cow, have many Parishes(Financially sound and not) and the Bishops in charge always interferes in the administrative issues of the church, H G even went ahead with changing the constitutions with the approval from Damascus.

        Who to be blamed, the poor parishioners or the coccus surrounding the Bishop or the aspirants of Higher position from HH.

        Appreciated the formation of the open forum, if all can join hands and do a little for the well being of churches in Gulf , let us all raise our voice.

        Regards

        Mathen
        4159
      • Thomas Mathew
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 9, 2009
          Dear Mr. Mathew,

          Thanks for your opinion. I understand that you are going through a very difficult time suffering from frequent collections and groupism. Even then, in my opinion, changing the bishop does not improve your situation.

          How can you guarantee that proposed NOT A MALAYALEE BISHOP will not approach the parishioners for frequent collections on various
          projects assigned to him ? He may also have projects, only difference is that it may be some other projects somewhere. I think the only solution is to exercise your freedom not to contribute, if you do not like to do so.

          You mentioned, that Achen is making group and get things done by majority. In a society everything will not happen the way we want. Normally any church follows the GB decision. For a few, that decision may not be the way they want it, but it is the way any church functions and we need to abide by it. Here also changing the bishop or achen will not have any major impact.

          Thomas Mathew
          ID -4800