Dreams Come True

  • Shinosh Geevarghese Philip
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2009
      Dreams Come True
      by Shinosh Geevarghese Philip (Ponpally), Kuwait

      Prologue

      Visiting nations and communicating with people, has been a desire that I cherish. Being a member of the Syriac Orthodox Church, to be able to meet with the Spiritual Head of the Church, had been my dream. Ever since childhood, my desire to meet with HH, deepened. During the Apostolic visit of His Holiness 1982, I was not born. Nevertheless, as and when I listened to my mother's narrations and read souvenirs published on HH's historic visit, I used to wish and wistfully pray that our Holy Father might visit Malankara once again to bless his spiritual children. In 2000, when HH visited Malankara to attend to the Bishopric Golden Jubilee of the Chief Metropolitan of the East, for me it was a dream come true. The great meeting organized at Puthenkurizhu turned out to be the venue where Almighty let me see HH, for the first time when I was a seventeen years old. As one of the Hundred and One members of the `Syrian Melodies choir' under the patronage of Kottayam Diocesan Bishop H.E. Thomas Mor Themotheose , Almighty granted me the grace to sing a welcome song to HH on that day. Though I was not able to witness the Mass led by HH and 16 other celebrants (Pathinezinmel Qurbana) that took place at Chingavanam, the only solace was listening to the audio recording of the Mass. I have heard this recording at least five hundred times.

      To read more:- http://www.socdigest.org/articles/03may09.html