Re: WHY OUR CHURCH MEMBERS ARE CONCENTRATING TO OTHER REVIAL GROUPS

  • MATHEW THOMAS KANNATHUMURIYIL
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 8, 2009
      WHY OUR CHURCH MEMBERS ARE CONCENTRATING TO OTHER REVIVAL GROUPS

      Now-a-days there are so many revival groups became very popular within the Christian Community. Members from the Syrian Orthodox Church, Indian (Malankara) Orthodox & Catholic Church are also participating in their prayer meetings. First of all our Hierarchy (Bishops) should look into this subject and find out the actual reason why our members are participating in their prayer meetings. The fact is that if a person is hungry, he will hunt for food. What we are lacking ? Love, Affection, Care etc. I still remember that during my childhood if any of our church member is sick or if he is absent from a Holy Mass, our priest used to come to the house and make an enquiry and show his love / affection towards the church member.

      If a person is selected for Priesthood he should have the willingness to serve the community with devotion, love and affection. He should be out from all the evil spirits and he should realise that this is not an employment but a service to the community and he should not be………...

      Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: (Mathew 23) The teachers of the law and Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. They tie up heavy loads and put them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

      Everything they do is done for men to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long; they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; they love to be greeted in the marketplaces and to have men call them `Rabbi'

      But you are not to be called `Rabbi', for you have only one Master and you are all brothers. And do not call anyone on earth `father' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. Nor are you to be called `teacher', for you have one Teacher, the Christ. THE GREATEST AMONG YOU WILL BE YOUR SERVANT. FOR WHOEVER EXLTS HIMSELF WILL BE HUMBLED, AND WHOEVER HUMBLES HIMSELF WILL BE EXALTED………

      On my recent analysis I have noticed that now-a-days most of our Bishops in all denominations EXCEPT FEW are acting like politicians. They are running after power and are trying to control the public (their members) with law (cannon) and force. They make good relationship with the politicians and obtain their support in order to win the war. For that they keep the Christian Groups as a screen and bargain for benefits. They do not give much importance for spirituality and stick on with their law (cannon) and concentrate in politics and lead a funny life.

      Some of our Priests are not interested in Gospel work and are unable to do the Gospel speech in the Church. They normally appear in the Church and conduct the Holy Mass thinking that this is only a secondary duty and vanish from the Church as soon as the completion of the Holy Mass. They don't even bother to talk / communicate to the parishioners because they have so many other business to do. A priest should interact irrespectively with all members of his Parish and should know the whereabouts of all Parishioners.

      But there are members who are unable to tolerate the above and they look for new pastures (places like other Revival Groups) where there is more spirituality and attachment/affection with the members and the leaders of the group.

      CRF, Believers Church, Heavenly Feast, IPC etc are the other popular spiritual groups in Kerala. They have branches all over the Gulf and they are convincing other Christian Members to join in their group by helping them in their necessity like offering job for those who are looking for job, visiting them if they are sick etc. Also they give much importance in Gospel Speech, introducing new members to the Church and interacting with other members in their community.

      As per my view, our Bishops and Priests should spend more time for Gospel Speech, more interaction to the church members, request other capable or rich members to help those who need help and show their affection and care to the Parishioners and in this way we can create a loveable community. Also I advise them to control the church members with Love and Affection like what Jesus Christ taught us and not with law (cannon) & force or threatening. Hope the above will help them to open their eyes.

      MATHEW THOMAS KANNATHUMURIYIL
      ID NO. 3673

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Malankara Syriac Voice wrote:

      > "Metran kakshi said their catholica Mar Didimos has issued a Kalpana against the "Christian revival fellowship".
      >
      > http://www.malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/MorDidimos%20300-2007%20Notice.pdf
      >
      > Even their bishops or priests are not bothered about their "Supreme Patriarch's" above Kalpana.
      >
      > http://www.malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/JSOC%20to%20Yohannan%20team%20to%20IOC.JPG

    • John Thomas
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 10, 2009
        Dear Mr. Mathew Thomas,

        I totally agree with you on that posting. Well said.

        John Thomas
        From the desk of the Moderator:

      • S Chandy
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 11, 2009
          Hi Mathew,

          I support you fully, Its high time to have a revival movement in our church, most of the poeple going with protestants are from our church and very less from catholic church because they already have revival movements in their church for long. Our Church leaders has to view this very seriousely otherwise after few years nobody will be there to call them as Thirumenis or Achens.

          regds
          S Chandy
          4167