Prayers for the departed and Prayers for Intercession

  • Mathew G M
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2009
      There are two aspects of our faith that is always called to question by some of the newer Christian groups who call themselves Reformed, Born Again, Pentecostal etc.

      1) Why do you pray for the departed?
      2) Why do you ask St. Mary and the saints to intercede for you?

      I have made a humble attempt to create a web page that answers these questions.

      http://syrianorthodox.googlepages.com/intercession

      Hope you find this useful.

      If there are anyways of improving the article, please let me know of your feedback.

      In Christ,
      Mathew G M
      # 0929
    • Cecil
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1 1:59 PM
        Dear Mr. Mathew

        Thank You for the post, the article is attractive your effort is appreciated. The piece of writing is good for the people who don’t know about intercession prayer and prayer for the departed one. Those who already have some knowledge can refresh their knowledge.When time allows you, please come up with more information.

        Thanks and regards
        Cecil
        ID #890
        Houston - TX