Re: Wooden cross placed on the holy altar with 'Oorara'

  • Prince John
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2009
      In reference to the subject posting let me draw your attention to the following from the Holy Bible: -

      If Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain. ... If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are all men most to be pitied (1 Corinthians 15:14-19)

      This is how St. Paul wrote to the Christians in Corinth about the resurrection of Christ. For Paul, Christ is indeed raised from the dead, the first of all who have fallen asleep. Because Christ is risen, we can receive the forgiveness of sins and the hope of new life not only in this world but also beyond this world. The Christian church everywhere confesses, `We believe in the forgiveness of sin, the resurrection of the body and the life everlasting'. The resurrection of Christ is the corner stone of Christian faith.

      The practice of putting the "OORARA" signifies the "Risen Christ".

      It is must to have the "OORARA" on the wooden cross in all our churches, most of the Churches do not fall this practice.

      In His Love
      Prince John
      Abu Dhabi
      4026