Tikhon of Zadonsk

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 2 , May 28, 2009
      By ascending to Heaven before [the eyes of] his holy disciples, Christ also showed all believers the way. Christ the Head ascended unto Heaven; His holy members, the true Christians, will ascend as well. The path had been closed to men, but by Christ's death, it was opened. In Christ's death, "the veil of the temple was rent in twain" (Matthew 27: 51), and the path and entrance to the Kingdom of Heaven was openedto the faithful (Hebrews 10: 19-20).

      Tikhon of Zadonsk
    • Mark Sedrak
      Message 2 of 2 , May 23, 2012
        Christ is Risen! + Truly He is Risen

        Do we forgive our neighbors their trespasses? God also forgives us in His mercy. Do we refuse to forgive? God, too, will refuse to forgive us. As we treat our neighbors, so also does God treat us. The forgiveness, then, of your sins or unforgiveness, and hence also your salvation or destruction, depend on you yourself, man. For without forgiveness of sins there is no salvation. You can see for yourself how terrible it is.

        Tikhon of Zadonsk, Journey to Heaven
        http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/14761523/journey-to-heaven