Unity is possible.

  • Thomas P
    Message 1 of 100 , Nov 4, 2002
      Dear friends, In our parish, the Jacobite priest in the
      area concelebrated with Orthodox side priests for the
      feast day evening prayers. They also entered altar and
      also did incense prayers. They didn't consider any "aitham"
      or untaouchability. I am hopeful that unity is possible in
      Malankara.

      -Thomas
    • Dipu George
      Message 100 of 100 , Nov 23, 2002
        Shlomo,

        Witnessing various falsehoods written in both the forums by misguided
        people I felt it logical enough to reproduce the true version of the
        Church History written by none other than the most Rev Malankara
        Malpan Dr Kanyamparambil Achen.

        I humbly implore this forum to kindly reproduce the article as it is,
        so that the faithful could have a clear view about the happenings in
        this church for the past 100 years. This article starts from page 173
        of the book. However only select but important portions (relevant in
        this context) have been written along with my very small observations
        in the spare time I could afford because of my busy schedule.
        I do not know if this book is available anymore but I sincerely
        exhort every faithful to try to get at least a copy of it.

        Aloho Ahmuch ………….

        Dipu George

        -------------------
        THE SYRIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH IN INDIA AND ITS APOSTOLIC FAITH

        PART 14

        The Supreme Court judgment of 1958

        In spite of unselfish services rendered by Dr P T Thomas and Adv K P
        Abraham and P P John the Catholicos could win the suit on " certain
        legal points". In spite of this adverse decision the prelates and
        the faithful worked with determination for the perpetuation of their
        Holy Faith.

        But "peace at any cost " became the slogan of some influential
        quarters. The following pages will show whether it was for the better
        or for the bitter.

        The Union of 1958

        In His memorable Patriarchal Bull of 9th December 1958 His Holiness
        after elaborating the advantages of union and peace ends the Kalpana
        with the words that "We are pleased to accept Mar Baselios
        Geevarghese as Catholicos for the sake of peace in the Malankara
        Church".

        This magnanimous gesture from the Holy Father was lauded by the whole
        Christendom but the partisans of the Catholicos found it as a
        submission of the Patriarch in the wake of the adverse judgment of
        the Supreme Court. This is totally incorrect. It has already been
        cited earlier that in His first Patriarchal Kalpana to the Malankara
        Church dated 11th November, the Holy Father had clearly expressed His
        prime desire for peace and that too it was at a time when the High
        Court of Kerala had "DECIDED IN FAVOUR OF THE PATRIARCH'S PARTY".