John of Persia was the Official Antiochean Delegate of Malankara Chaurch.

  • Dn.Prince Mannathoor
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2009
      Dear brothers,

      All of the historians just mention about a 'John of Persia'. But we can prove clearly he was the first official Antiochean delegate. Because last week I got a solid evidence about this topic.

      John of Persia was West Syrian Bishop. In Rendel Harris Library Birmingham, there is a Syriac Manuscript. That manuscript says, John of Persia was a Syrian Bishop. Manuscript says: ''Among the Fathers of the Council Jacob of Nisibin and Ephrem his pupil, Ithalaha of Edessa, Mara of Macedonopolis, and John of Persia, were Syrians.''. (The unpublished treatise to the deacon Rabban Isho; in Syrian Manuscript., Mingana, No.12, in Rendel Harris Library Birmingham, fol. 137b)

      Thank you.

      Dn.Prince Mannathoor, Rome.