Do we accept and promote Liturgical songs sings in cinematic style?

  • Aji Thomas David
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2009
      Hello brothers

      Very much appreciated the efforts of our Radio Malankara team. Live telecast of the Holy Mass from our different churches from last one week is really commendable. Its give us a chance to participate o those Holy mass from remote areas.

      The church choir of the Chennithala St.George Horeb Jacobite Syrian Church was singing our liturgical songs in almost cinematic style. Do we accept and promote this sort of music in our holy mass. In Roman Catholic holy mass you can listen these sort style.

      As my understanding all our liturgical songs can be sings in 8 different styles. When we have our own diversity in the liturgical music, why we have to adopt the modern style?

      Let our bishops and priests make some move to handover these beautiful tunes which they learned in their seminary to our choir and let our laity also sing and enjoy the divine style of singing.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmWAGIqp1WU

      How beautiful is this. If these kids can do, why not us and our choir?

      Aji Thomas
      ID - 4088