Re: Why the name of Saint Athnasious of Aluva not yet?

  • Rev. Fr.George V. Vayaliparambil
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2009
      St. Paul addressed all the true Christians as saints. Our Lord said that if you pray with faith, definitely you will get answer. There is no need for any procedure to consider someone as saint. Catholic may have different practices, but it is not applicable to our church. If the Patriarch of Antioch has declared someone as saint, we have to consider/accept it as valid. In earlier time our church has practice. The laymen of the parish have to accept first one to ordain as priest. It is not to get there permission it is the public acceptance is very important for the ordination of one person. After all the bishop will ordain him as priest. Like that Valiya thirumeni was accepted by the public those were close to him and those who were interacted and intercede with him as Holy. What Patriarch did is what the public and the local Holy Synod was requested. It was the declaration of the public acceptance of St Athanasious as Holy.

      I am the beneficiary of the intersession of St. Athanasious. I got healing through His Holiness intersession. By the grace of God our church got permission from HB Mor Baseliose Thomas Ist to start a new congregation in Canberra at Australia, as per the request of the parishners.

      May God bless us with the prayer of St. Athanasios

      Regards
      Fr. George