New congregation in Bay Area (San Jose/San Francisco), California

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2009
      By the grace of God, we are planning to form a Syrian Orthodox Jacobite congregation in Bay Area (San Jose/San Francisco), California. The first Holy Qurbono will be celebrated by H.E. Archbishop Clemis Eugene Kaplan the Archbishop of Western USA Patriarchal Vicarate and assisted by Fr. Sabu Thomas the Vicar of St.Mary's Malankara Syrian Orthodox Church, Los Angeles on Saturday May 9th, 2009 at 9:00 am.

      The first Holy Qurbono will be celebrated at the following address:
      [Our Lady of Lebanon Maronite Antiochene Catholic Church] 600 El Camino Real, Millbrae, CA 94030.

      Please convey this message to friends and family residing in Bay Area and vicinity.

      For further details please contact:

      Rev. Fr. Sabu Thomas at
      E-mail id: sabuachen@..., Phone no: (818) 633-4986
      or
      Mr. Eldo Cherian at
      E-mail id: eldocherian@..., Phone no: (425) 772-9901
    • Anoop Mani
      Message 2 of 2 , May 5, 2009
        Dear brothers,

        This is a very happy news. We must be able to organise a church where ever our church members are present. Both the laity and the clergy must try increase the number of Holy Qurbana conducted. When a Holy Qurbana is conducted Lord Jesus Christ is physically visiting us. This helps the church to grow, the church members also will grow and develop in spiritual, mental, physical, social and economic means. Unfortunately nowadays we are either not aware of these things or we are willfully forgetting this.

        Anoop