Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1954 , Apr 30, 2009
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "Faith, therefore, takes the place of that which escapes our knowledge, being by its own security a guarantee for what is invisible. So the Apostle says of the faithful soul: 'he endured as seeing Him that is invisible' (Heb. 11:27). Hence foolish is the man who claims that it is possible to know the divine nature by a knowledge that is vain and futile. Nor is any man so great as to be able to equate his reason with the Lord. 'For who is in the clouds,' says David (Ps. 88:7), 'can be compared to the Lord?' What we seek is hardly so small that it can be grasped by the reasoning of insignificant human nature."

      St. Gregory of Nyssa.

      "And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You. Sing praises to the Lord, who dwells in Zion! Declare His deeds among the people." Psalms 9:10-11
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1954 of 1954 , Sep 20 5:47 PM

        "Our world is guided by two principles and sources: God and the devil. All that is better in the world of men has its source in God, and all that is bad has the devil as its principle and source. In the final account, all good comes from God, and all evil from the devil."

        St. Justin Popovich.

        "Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face evermore."  Psalm 105:4

        The Bible reading for the 11th of Tut, September 21, is:
        4 And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him! 6 Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God. 7 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. 8 Also I say to you, whoever confesses Me before men, him the Son of Man also will confess before the angels of God. 9 But he who denies Me before men will be denied before the angels of God. 10 And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven. 11 Now when they bring you to the synagogues and magistrates and authorities, do not worry about how or what you should answer, or what you should say. 12 For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say. (Luke 12:4-12)
        Martyrdom of Saint Basilides (Wasilides).

        The Bible reading for the 12th of Tut, September 22, is: Matthew 16:13-19
        Commemoration of the Archangel Michael.
        The Assembly of the Third Ecumenical Council at Ephesus to Judge Nestorius, Archbishop of Constantinople.
        The Translocation of the Relics of Sts. Clemus (Aklimos) and His Companions.

        Prayer Requests:

        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Urgent: Magda - Cancer.