Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1569 , Apr 30, 2009
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "Faith, therefore, takes the place of that which escapes our knowledge, being by its own security a guarantee for what is invisible. So the Apostle says of the faithful soul: 'he endured as seeing Him that is invisible' (Heb. 11:27). Hence foolish is the man who claims that it is possible to know the divine nature by a knowledge that is vain and futile. Nor is any man so great as to be able to equate his reason with the Lord. 'For who is in the clouds,' says David (Ps. 88:7), 'can be compared to the Lord?' What we seek is hardly so small that it can be grasped by the reasoning of insignificant human nature."

      St. Gregory of Nyssa.

      "And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You. Sing praises to the Lord, who dwells in Zion! Declare His deeds among the people." Psalms 9:10-11
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1569 of 1569 , Feb 8 7:14 PM

        "One who is united to God by faith and recognizes Him by action is indeed enabled to see Him by contemplation. He sees things of which I am not able to write. His mind sees visions and is wholly illuminated and becomes like Light, yet he is unable to conceive of them or describe them. His mind is itself Light and sees all things as Light, and the Light has Life and imparts Light to him who sees it. He sees himself wholly united to the Light, and as he sees he concentrates on the vision and is as he was. He perceives the Light in his soul and is in ecstasy."

           St. Symeon the New Theologian.

        "I spread out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land."  Psalm 143:6

        Prayer Requests:

        Hanna - Heart surgery
        Ursula - Another surgery
        Evelyn - Cancer
        5 years old Luke and 8 years old Cassie - Health issues
        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        Christina P.
        Dena T.