Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1389 , Apr 30, 2009
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "Faith, therefore, takes the place of that which escapes our knowledge, being by its own security a guarantee for what is invisible. So the Apostle says of the faithful soul: 'he endured as seeing Him that is invisible' (Heb. 11:27). Hence foolish is the man who claims that it is possible to know the divine nature by a knowledge that is vain and futile. Nor is any man so great as to be able to equate his reason with the Lord. 'For who is in the clouds,' says David (Ps. 88:7), 'can be compared to the Lord?' What we seek is hardly so small that it can be grasped by the reasoning of insignificant human nature."

      St. Gregory of Nyssa.

      "And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You. Sing praises to the Lord, who dwells in Zion! Declare His deeds among the people." Psalms 9:10-11
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1389 of 1389 , May 18 8:02 PM

        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "Therefore, children, let us hold fast our discipline, and let us not be careless. For in it the Lord is our fellow-worker, as it is written, 'to all that choose the good, God works with them for good.' But to avoid being heedless, it is good to consider the word of the Apostle, 'I die daily' 1 Corinthians 15:31. For if we too live as though dying daily, we shall not sin."

           St. Athanasius the Great.

        "I love the Lord, because He has heard My voice and my supplications. 2 Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live."  Psalm 116:1-2

        Prayer Requests:

        Scott Joshua J.
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith