Re: Why the name of Saint Athnasious of Aluva not yet?

  • Anoop Mani
    Message 1 of 8 , May 4, 2009
      Dear brothers,

      I think what the Syrian Orthodox church is practising is absolutely right.  There is no meaning in following any custom or procedure and canonize a person as a saint. A person shouldnot be declared as a saint by human beings but only by God Almighty, We the members of the church can beg for the intercession of any of our deceased fathers because their physical appearance have only changed they are alive and still with us. They can pray for us also. Canonization and declaration only started in the 20th century.

      Anoop