Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 2000 , Apr 27, 2009
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "When you find someone arguing, and contesting what is true and self-evident, break off the dispute and give way to such a man, since his intellect has been petrified. For just as bad water ruins good wines, so harmful talk corrupts those who are virtuous in life and character."

      St. Antony the Great.

      "Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith," 1 Timothy 1:5
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2000 of 2000 , Dec 4 5:23 PM

        "For there exist, there really exist, ways which are even more important than abstinence from food which can open the gates which lead to God with boldness. He, therefore, who eats and cannot fast, let him display richer almsgiving, let him pray more, let him have a more intense desire to hear divine words. In this, our somatic illness is not a hindrance. Let him become reconciled with his enemies, let him distance from his soul every resentment. If he wants to accomplish these things, then he has done the true fast, which is what the Lord asks of us more than anything else. It is for this reason that he asks us to abstain from food, in order to place the flesh in subjection to the fulfillment of his commandments, whereby curbing its impetuousness."

        St. John Chrysostom, On Fasting.

        "Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord."  Hebrews 12:14

        The Bible reading for the 26th of Hatour, December 5, is:
        12 But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons. You will be brought before kings and rulers for My name's sake. 13 But it will turn out for you as an occasion for testimony. 14 Therefore settle it in your hearts not to meditate beforehand on what you will answer; 15 for I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict or resist. 16 You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death. 17 And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. 18 But not a hair of your head shall be lost. 19 By your patience possess your souls. (Luke 21:12-19)
        Commemoration of the Martyrdom of the Sts. Valerian (Balaryanos) and Tiburcius (Thiborinos), His Brother.
        Commemoration of St. Gregory, Bishop of Nyssa.

        The Bible reading for the 27th of Hatour, December 6, is: Mark 10:35-45
        Martyrdom of St. James the Mangled (Sawn).

        Prayer Requests:

        Awad, L.
        Iskaros.
        Urgent: Teresa - serious complications from diabetes.
        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Tony H. - Cancer.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.