Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1990 , Apr 26, 2009
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "Rise from love of the world and love of pleasure. Put care aside, strip your mind, refuse your body. Prayer, after all, is a turning away from the world, visible and invisible. What have I in heaven? Nothing except simply to cling always to You in undistracted prayer. Wealth pleases some, glory others, possessions others, but what I want is to cling to God and to put the hopes of my dispassion in Him (cf. Ps. 72:25, 28)."

      St. John Climacus.

      "But I am poor and needy; Make haste to me, O God! You are my help and my deliverer; O Lord, do not delay." Psalms 70:5
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1990 of 1990 , Nov 13 6:05 PM

        "I beg and beesech you, Lord: grant to all who have gone astray a true knowledge of you, so that each and every one may come to know your glory."

        St. Isaac the Syrian, from The Prayers of St. Isaac the Syrian.

        "For I know that the Lord is great, And our Lord is above all gods."  Psalm 135:5

        The Bible reading for the 5th of Hatour, November 14, is:
        35 Then James and John, the sons of Zebedee, came to Him, saying, Teacher, we want You to do for us whatever we ask. 36 And He said to them, What do you want Me to do for you? 37 They said to Him, Grant us that we may sit, one on Your right hand and the other on Your left, in Your glory. 38 But Jesus said to them, You do not know what you ask. Are you able to drink the cup that I drink, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? 39 They said to Him, We are able. So Jesus said to them, You will indeed drink the cup that I drink, and with the baptism I am baptized with you will be baptized; 40 but to sit on My right hand and on My left is not Mine to give, but it is for those for whom it is prepared. 41 And when the ten heard it, they began to be greatly displeased with James and John. 42 But Jesus called them to Himself and said to them, You know that those who are considered rulers over the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. 43 Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you shall be your servant. 44 And whoever of you desires to be first shall be slave of all. 45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many. (Mark 10:35-45)
        The Appearance of the Head of St. Longinus, the Soldier.
        Martyrdom of St. Timothy.
        The Relocation of the Body of St. Theodore, the Prince, to Shotb.

        The Bible reading for the 6th of Hatour, November 15, is: John 10:1-16
        Departure of St. Felix, Pope of Rome.
        The Consecration of the church of the Virgin in the Mouharaque Monastery in Quosquam Mount.

        Prayer Requests:

        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Urgent: Magda - Cancer.