Malankara Syriac Voice - news updates

  • Malankara Syriac Voice
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 26, 2009
      Notification by IOC Catholicos against the Controversial German Bishop Moshe Gurgan ordained by two Methran Kakshi bishops in 2007
      http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/Mang26Apr09MusheGurgan.jpg

      For daily news update visit: http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/
    • Issac K Joseph
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2009
        Friends,

        I am sorry for the state of this old man. He becomes the pawn in the hands of the business magnets of so called "IO church Pvt. Ltd. company".

        History is going to repeat there very soon. The symptoms are showing up. Didimose also slowly started to face the same fate of late Augen, Mathews I and Mathews II. Very soon his official ring will be snatched by the next power hunger.

        Read Didimose's first Circular accepting Moses Gurgan
        http://www.malankaraorthodox.tv/New%20Metran/H.E%20Mor%20Severius%20Mushe.pdf

        Didimose's latest Circular rejecting Severius Moses Gurgan
        http://www.malankaraorthodox.tv/news%202009/mar%20severios%20mushe%20gurgan%201.jpg

        I wonder if Moses Gurgan is not one of the director of this IO church Pvt. Ltd company in the first place, how they can recognize and accept him as the 'MD' of the newly formed 'European marketing office' of this IO church Pvt. Ltd company?

        Funny circulars and funny people.

        Just pray for the poor souls, who are trapped in this Pvt. Ltd company, run by MMM!!!!!

        Issac K Joseph
        # 0917

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Malankara Syriac Voice wrote:

        > Notification by IOC Catholicos against the Controversial German Bishop Moshe Gurgan ordained by two Methran Kakshi bishops in 2007
        > http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/News/Mang26Apr09MusheGurgan.jpg
        >
        > For daily news update visit: http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/

      • V.T John
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2009
          My dear & Rev Members of the SOCM Forum.

          In my humble view there is no contradition in the two ducuments issued by Maran Mar Catholicos of the IO Church. The first one recognises the status of the SOC of Europe and of H.E Abp Moshe Gurgan as its primate. The second one is simply to ensure that the H.E Primate of the SOC of Europe is not allowed free entry in the institutions of IO Church until the H.E is allowed a seat in the Synod IO Church. (The former one is sufficient for the His Eminence to establish himself in Germany while the second one is only for domestic consumption---the other is for export. The wording in the former document shows that it is prepared in German's English and not in Malayali English.) The process of making the H.E a member of the Synod is not a difficult one. Paret Mar Ivanios was not elected to be ordained a metropolitan by the Malanakara Association but he continued to be a metropolitan of the IO Church till he passed away. Maran Mar Mathews II was never elected by the Malanakara Asociation to be ordained metropolitan even though he became a Catholicos subsequently. A mere resolution of the managing committee will change the whole thing.

          The IO Church means business. The IO Church knows SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE. The position of the Metropolitan Yohannan of the Believers Church is well known and even our beloved Dr.Gevargis Mor Kurilos Metropolitan was one of the honoured guests in a function organised by the Primate of the Believers Church. So in course of time the German Metropolitan will be one of the VIPs among the world church leaders with the recognition letter of the Maran Catholicos and he will help the IO Church to give trouble to.Moran Patriach from India to Europe and the Middle East.

          May God save the Church.
          V.T John
          3085
        • Varghese Abraham
          Message 4 of 4 , May 7, 2009
            Dear all,

            Mr.V.T.John is absolutely right.This move by IOC has some resemblance to the establishment of IOC Catholicate in 1912.It was done with the help of a deposed Patriarch, secretly.There were gaps in the succession which were deliberate.The idea at that time was to ensure survival of IOC if the court case went against Mor Vattasseril.That also explains why Mor Vattasseril himself chose not to become Catholicose because he could have easily got that position.The aim of IOC now is a long term plan of having a parallel Syrian Patriarch.It will slowly unravel over the years.This is just a foundation.Anyway SOC need not worry about it too much, if we are united, IOC cannot do much to us.

            Regards,
            Aby

            From the desk of the Moderator: