Re: Good Friday Curses

  • Oommen Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2009
      Rev Fr George,
      Thank you.

      In the Anglican (high) Church where I attend services, they have special prayers for Jews on Good Friday, so that they may accept Jesus Christ. Also, they have prayers for etheists that they may accept God and for those who believe in God that they may accept the way, the truth and the life, Jesus Chist.

      Look at miserable orthodox church members, like me, (experts in cursing and accusing?) they have only their stock in trade for Jews!.

      Fortunately, I have had also opportunity, only a few times, to participate in orthodox Good Friday worship, in which the officiating priest requested his congregation to skip those verses (curses) while singing.

      I wonder what the Holy Synod would have thought about the deviation!
      in Jesus

      O.Thomas