Proud to be a Syrian Orthodox ........

  • Jacob Nebu
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 21, 2009
      When our beloved patriarch of Antioch came to kerala, the Kottayam-Catholicos went to court with constitution of 1934 for prohibiting His Holiness from entering in our churches and also they tried to stop our beloved fathers entrance to India.

      But..............

      During 2006 April kottayam catholicos and team paid a visit to Holy lands, that time Mor Didimose I had a desire to offer Mass in Sehion malika which is under our Beloved Patriarch of Antioch HH Moran Mor Ignatiose Zaka I.

      Arch Bishop of Jerusalem Mor Serveriose Malke Murad allowed them to offer Holy Qurbana This is the difference between HOly throne of Antioch and the unholy throne of devalokam kottayam.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FanKhvI2HY

      Click on the above link to see the video of INDIAN orthodox team offering Holy Mass in Sehion Malika.

      4133
      Jacob Nebu
    • S Chandys
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 27, 2009
        Hi

        We do claim that they dont have apstolic blessings(Kaivepu)and allowing them to conduct Holy Mass at our church, allowing them or anybody to come and pray is fine, but I think Qurbana must be conducted by persons who has the KAIVEPU, otherwise there is no sacredness for the sacrement.

        regds
        S Chandys
        From the desk of the Moderator:

      • Kochumon Mannicherry
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 30, 2009
          I agree with Mr Chandy in this issue. If we say they don't have Kayvappu then we should treat them like that. But I don't think SOC consider it that way. I personally believe they do not have priesthood so I don't normally attend their services. On the other hand I don't think our church think the same way if they do how can even Jacobite priest marry IOC lady's(if they do not have priesthood all their sacraments are invalid therefore IOC members need to be baptised when they join in our church, so dose baby's who baptised in places like parumala.On the other hand (I think this the church's stand) if we consider them as sister church then we can accept them and they can conduct sacraments with us or in our church. But if that's the case why we have cases with them? We could say it they who filed the cases against us then why we consider a church which don't follow any basic christian concept as a sister church?

          I don't think any of this questions ever be answered from church authority because it easy it ignore this than finding an acceptable answer for these issues

          Kochumon Mannicherry
          1019