Easter celebration in Damascus, Syria

  • Malankara Syriac Voice
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2009
      Easter celebration in Damascus, Syria

      His Holiness Ignatius Zakka I Iwas offered Holy Mass at St. George Orthodox cathedral in Damascus.

      After the completion of the mass, the divine, His Holiness accepted the congratulations of all believers.

      His Holiness also met with HE Dr. Ghassan Laham, Minister of State for Presidential Affairs, who conveyed congratulations to His Holiness the respected president of the country, Mr. President Dr. Bashar al-Assad Mukarram.

      His Holiness also received a large number of officials of the party and the state, led by governor of Damascus and the two sub-leaders of the party and the police and representatives from the Ministry of Awqaf and a large number of Islamic scholars and heads of Christian communities in Damascus, especially the Catholic and Apostolic Ambassador in Damascus.

      photos http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/EasterDamascus/index.html