Re: Syriac Orthodox Palm Sunday procession in a town near Mosul

  • Mathew G.M.
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 14, 2009
      Dear Moderators,

      While any Christian celeberation in Iraq is a reason for joy, I don't think the photo is that of Syriac Orthodox. The comment says Syriac Catholic which is a group similar to the Syro-Malankara rite.

      Mathew G M
      From the Desk of Moderators:

      The original email we received from AINA said it as Syrian Orthodox. We published it as it is. We were also confused because the SOC Palm Sunday falls a week later. It seems that AINA site has now corrected it to Syriac Catholic. So it was an error on their part. However, we regret for publishing the mail without checking further.