Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 2021 , Apr 2, 2009
      "Blessed is he who humbles himself in all things, for he will be exalted in all. For a man who for God's sake humble himself, and thinks meanly of himself, is glorified by God. The man who hungers and thirsts for God's sake, God will make drunk with His good things. And he who goes naked for God's sake is clad by Him in a robe of incorruption and glory. And he who becomes poor for His sake is consoled with His true riches."

      St. Isaac the Syrian.

      "Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble." 1 Corinthians 8:13
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 2021 of 2021 , Jan 3 5:36 PM

        "Send your treasures to the heavenly storage room. Deposit your wealth in God’s Bank, distributing it to the poor, the orphans and the widows, so that you can receive a million times more in the Second coming of Christ."

        Elder Joseph the Hesychast.

        "Be a father to orphans, and be like a husband to their mother; you will then be like a son of the Most High, and he will love you more than does your mother."  Sirach 4:10

        The Bible reading for the 26th of Kiahk, January 4, is:
        1 Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, 4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. 6 And at midnight a cry was heard: `Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!' 7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said to the wise, `Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.' 9 But the wise answered, saying, `No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.' 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut. 11 Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, `Lord, Lord, open to us!' 12 But he answered and said, `Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.' 13 Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming. (Matt. 25:1-13)
        Martyrdom of St. Anastasia.
        Commemoration of St. Juliana the Martyr.

        The Bible reading for the 27th of Kiahk, January 5, is: Luke 2:1-20
        Martyrdom of St. Anba "Bisadi" (Psote), the Bishop.

        Prayer Requests:

        Peter - Guidance and peace.
        Awad, L.
        Iskaros.
        Urgent: Teresa - serious complications from diabetes.
        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer..
        Tony H. - Cancer.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.
        Sam - Drugs Addiction.
        B.E.
        Yaga - Cancer.
        Robert - Infant with a rare kidney disease..
        Faith and family - Healing and guidance
        Ricardo F. - Health issues
        Thomas, Matthew, Irene and Ayman M.
        Evelyn - Cancer