Memory Eternal - my father died last week

  • Rev. Fr. John-Brian Paprock
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4 10:09 AM
      Memory Eternal - my father died last week

      Dear Ones,

      It is with a grieving heart that I inform you that my father, Kenneth Nathaniel Edward Paprock died April 1st,2009 at 6:44am at home in College Station, Texas with all of his children and grandchildren nearby. He was a award-winning educator and an accomplished artist. Very spiritual, but struggled at times with being religious. Although at times, he was profoundly religious.

      He requested that I give him sacraments in those last few days and I am honored and privileged to have done so. We did a small funeral service in Texas with just family, most of whom are not practicing Orthodox. I will continue to do incense memorial prayers throughout the forty days.

      He was loved by his students throughout the world. He was a pioneer in distance learning and helped set up centers in countries near and far. He received recognition from Oxford and was given professor emeritus status at Texas A&M.

      There will be a public memorial service for him in College Station at the Art Center, where he taught painting classes after his retirement from Texas A&M. Some of his pieces will be shown. The date is to be determined.

      Please pray for him
      May he be held in the bosom of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob, where all the righteous dwell!

      I hope to be back to my internet activities soon.

      Rev. Fr. John-Brian Paprock
      608.242.4244
      www.maruroopa.blogspot.com
      HEALING LIFE o DEEPENING FAITH