THE VANITY OF DENOMINATIONAL LABELS

  • Nakkolackal V. L. Eapen
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 10:47 PM
      THE VANITY OF DENOMINATIONAL LABELS

      I believe that the Lord knows those who are His, irrespective of the
      denominational labels we use to describe ourselves.  I concur with what Albert Schweitzer writes:  "There is only one Christian, and that Christian was crucified at Calvary."  Embedded in true Christian life is continual spiritual warfare, to wage which the 'self', with its plans and programs, must yield place to the Lord and His agenda.  The 'self' and the Lord cannot and do not coexist.

      The conditions of discipleship laid down by Jesus in Mt. 10:37-39 corroborate and validate that spiritual truth.  Again, Mother Teresa's life is a living testimony to that truth.  What matters is the singer, NOT the song.
                                                                            King Solomon's assertion, "... ... and in the place of righteousness, even there was wickedness.", is being increasingly proven true by what is currently happening in His Church universally.  The endless litigation between the feuding factions in our Church; the priestly sexual abuse of innocent boys in the Roman Catholic Church; the appointment of a practicing homosexual priest as bishop in the Apostolic Church; the fall from Grace of veteran born-again evangelists like Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Baker, Jim Jones, Rev. Jesse Jackson etc. must make us humble, contrite and obedient in our daily walk with Christ so that the Lord's grace/mercy becomes our ONLY source of strength, and NOT the so-called denominational label(s) in which we foolishly glory.

      As Jeremiah puts it:  "Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, let not the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches; but let him who glories glory in this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the Lord Who practice steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth; for in these things I delight, says the Lord." (Jer. 9:23-24)

      Prayerfully,
      Nakkolackal V. L. Eapen,
      Austin, TX. (ID. No. 4160)