Politics and religion.

  • V.M.Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2009
      Dear All,

      *There were a lot of media reports about Indian orthodox declaration that they are putting up four candidates for the coming Lok Sabha elections, whereever they have majority. The whole Christian community was shocked by this news, since traditionally, in Kerala church never mixed religion with politics. Perhaps, they would have either got some material benefits from this attempt or promises from some sources of UDF. What they forgot is, they have indirectly declared that they have influence only in these four places and their claim on our churches elsewhere is false.*

      *There was opposition from many in the Malankara Orthodox people itself on this move, since it is not the Christian way. Lord has clearly said that Caesar�s way and His way are different. It was EMS, Marxist leader, who said that for the purpose of winning elections, he will make friends with even devil. But that is not the Christian way to get things done. If that was God�s intention, He would have made an agreement with devil and avoided crucifixion itself. And we would not have been saved. We shall not sacrifice our Christian faith for short-term gains.*

      Reagrds
      V.M.Thomas
      No.906
      St.Marys Jacobite church,