An SMS Chat with GOD which changed my life

  • Paul Joshy
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 2009
      Dear All,

      The following messages are sent by one of friend as a joke. But i feel it is worth to read all and understand the meaning between the lines.

      *An SMS Chat with GOD which changed my life*
      *God: *Hello. You called me.
      *I, Me, Myself(IMM): *Called you? No, who is this?
      *God: *This is God. I heard your prayers. So I thought I will chat with you.
      *IMM: *Sure, I pray. Just makes me feel good. Actually, am busy now. In the midst of something, you know.
      *God: *What are you busy with? Ants are busy, too.
      *IMM: *Don't know. But I can't find free time. Life has become hectic. It's rush hour all the time.
      *God: *Sure. Activity gets you busy. But productivity gets you results. Activity consumes time. Productivity frees it.
      *IMM: *But I still can't figure it out. By the way, I was not expecting YOU to buzz me on instant messaging chat.
      *God: *Well, I wanted to help you resolve your fight for time by giving you some clarity. I wanted to reach you through the medium you are comfortable with.
      *IMM: *Tell me, why has life become so complicated?
      *G: *Stop analysing life. Just live it. Analysis is what makes it
      complicated.
      *IMM: *Why are we then constantly unhappy?
      *G: *Your today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday. You are worrying because the act of worrying has become a habit. That's why you are not happy.
      *IMM: *But how can we not worry when there is so much uncertainty?
      *G: *Uncertainty is inevitable, but worrying is optional.
      *IMM: *But then, there is so much pain due to uncertainty.
      *God: *Pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional.
      *IMM: *If suffering is optional, why do good people always suffer?
      *God: *Diamonds cannot be polished without friction. Gold cannot be purified without fire. Good people go through trials. With that experience their life becomes better, not bitter.
      *IMM: *You mean to say such experience is useful?
      *God: *Yes. Experience is a hard teacher, though. She gives the test first and the lessons afterwards.
      IMM: But still, why should we go through such tests? Why can't we be free from problems?
      *God: *Problems are *Purposeful Roadblocks Offering Beneficial Lessons to Enhance Mental Strength*. Inner strength comes from struggle and endurance, not when you are free from problems.
      *IMM: *Frankly in the midst of so many problems, we don't know where we are heading.
      *God: *If you look outside you will not know where you are heading. Look inside. Looking outside, you dream. Looking inside, you awaken. Eyes provide sight. Heart provides insight.
      *I Me Myself:* Sometimes I ask, who am I, why am I here? I don't know the answers.
      *God*: Seek not to find who you are, but to determine who you want to be.
      *IMM: *Sometimes not succeeding fast seems to hurt more than moving in the right direction.
      *God: *Success is relative, quantified by others. Satisfaction is absolute, quantified by you. Knowing the road ahead is more satisfying than knowing you rode ahead.
      *IMM: *Sometimes I ask, who am I, why am I here? I don't know the answers.
      *God: *Seek not to find who you are, but to determine who you want to be. Stop looking for a purpose as to why you are here. Create it. Life is not a process of discovery but a process of creation.
      *IMM: *How can I get the best out of life?
      *God: *Face your past without regret. Handle your present with confidence. Prepare for the future without fear.
      *IMM: *Sometimes my prayers are not answered.
      *God: *There are no unanswered prayers. At times the answer is NO.
      *IMM: *Thank you for this wonderful chat. I'll try to be less fearful.
      *God: *Keep the faith and drop the fear. Life is a mystery to solve, not a problem to resolve. Life is wonderful if you know how to live.

      J M Paul