Re: About Cains wife

  • Rev. Fr. John K.K
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2009
      Do we need to go into hair-splitting theology, is a question. St John Chrisostom suggests that Eve was possibly daughter to Adam because she was from the physical body of Adam. He goes on to say that in those days marrying sisters and half sisters were permitted to populate the earth and later God forbid this practice and laid out better moral standards for the good of the society. 2Sam 13:13-14, suggests that marriage between brother and sister was permitted, at least in certain cases, because Tamar said to Amnon, 'if you request the king-David-the father of both, would give me to you'. Pertinently, such abnormal relationships take place in contemporary society too, the only difference being, often surreptitious and without social approval. In other words, biology and morality are different. The standard of moral and ethical concepts has been ever changing with the progress of human civilization. So there is nothing wrong,

      K K Johnachen
      member #3
    • Jacob Varghese
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 28, 2009
        Dear All,

        We can assume the age of Cain approximately above thirty, when he committed the Murder. It is well clear that by that time, Adam has many children and they married among themselves at the age of attaining puberty. So by the time, they increased in strength with two or three generations. Cain's fear was either Abel's children or someone else may kill him in revenge.

        Please allow some room for imagination without contradicting the bible. There is nothing confusing / contradictory in bible.

        Jacob Varghese
        member Id # 4112