How Should We Fast and Pray at this time of Great Lent

  • Rinu Puthicode
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2009
      How Should We Fast & Pray at this time of Great Lent
      by Rinu Puthicode

      When we go through the Old Testament we see Moses staying in the presence of God for 40 days and returning with glowing face making us to understand that we attain blessings while we stay in God's presence but Moses had to face difficulties on his return from his own people. This shows that blessings are accompanied by temptations. Likewise we see Jesus Christ was lead by the sprit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. We see in gospel of Mathew Chapter IV words 2 "And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry." This was the time of the tempter to approach Lord. The tempter rightly know the right time to approach his victim. The fasting will make the persons mind new like the innocent children and such that it will be like a field seeking seeds to be sworn. Prayer along with fasting makes a person new. But we don't have the follow ups to keep us fit .go through the word of God. It will fetch you the answers you need. We should go through a chapter fully. Feed them to your brain no pastors can mislead you. So start from the beginning.

      To read more:- http://www.socdigest.org/articles/04mar09.html