Who was Cain's wife??

  • Varkey Titus
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 14 12:20 AM
      Can anybody clarify this doubt??

      In Genesis 4:14-17, we see Cain, the first born of Adam, is pleading to God about his fear of being killed by somebody else and God set a mark upon Cain to protect him.  Later he married and they got a son E'-noch.

      1-  Who could be the 'other people' who can kill Cain, as we see God created the universe and then the first man Adam and women Eve, and Cain is their first bone child??
      2-  Who could be Cain's wife, whom he married?
      3-  Was there any other generation before Adam & Eve, which is not mentioned in the Bible?
      4-  Why is it not clearly written in the Bible?  Is there any other write up by our spiritual fathers on this subjerct, and if yes, can anybody give any reference of these books/write ups??

      Thanks.

      Varkey Titus
      ID # 1024
    • Chev. Thomas Daniel
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 14 8:20 PM
        Dear brother Varkey
        Shlomo

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man - A man is a male human. The term man (irregular plural: men) is used for an adult human male, while the term boy being the usual term for a human male child or adolescent human male. HOWEVER, MAN IS SOMETIMES USED TO REFER TO HUMANITY AS A WHOLE. Sometimes it is also used to identify a male human, regardless of age, as in phrases such as "Men's rights".

        Please read the following verses form Holy Bible, it's clearly given the answer to your doubts.

        Genesis 1:
        26- And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

        27- So God created man in his own image, IN THE IMAGE OF GOD CREATED HE HIM; MALE AND FEMALE CREATED HE THEM.

        28- And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

        29- And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

        30- And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

        St. Matthew 19
        4- And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female.

        St. Mark 10:
        6- But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

        In His Love
        Chev. Thomas Daniel (Reji)
        # 0001

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Varkey Titus wrote:

        > Can anybody clarify this doubt??
        >
        > In Genesis 4:14-17, we see Cain, the first born of Adam, is pleading to God about his fear of being killed by somebody else and God set a mark upon Cain to protect him.  Later he married and they got a son E'-noch.
        >
        > 1-  Who could be the 'other people' who can kill Cain, as we see God created the universe and then the first man Adam and women Eve, and Cain is their first bone child??
        > 2-  Who could be Cain's wife, whom he married?
        > 3-  Was there any other generation before Adam & Eve, which is not mentioned in the Bible?
        > 4-  Why is it not clearly written in the Bible?  Is there any other write up by our spiritual fathers on this subjerct, and if yes, can anybody give any reference of these books/write ups??
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Varkey Titus
        > ID # 1024

      • Sajan Mathew
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 20 3:10 AM
          So God created man in his own image, IN THE IMAGE OF GOD CREATED HE HIM;
          MALE AND FEMALE CREATED HE THEM.

          Going by the above sentence, when god created "MAN" he created both Male and Female in one MAN. So Adam was a whole some MAN with the charecteristic of both MALE and FEMALE. God seperated the female element from Adam and named her EVE. That is why to be a whole some MAN both the MALE AND FEMALE has to be combined.

          Sajan Mathew
          Chingavanam
        • Georgey Thomas
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 20 10:47 PM
            Dear Mr. Varkey
            I am quoting something which I found in Evidence Bible, which is available on the net and can be downloaded.

            Many ask this question thinking they found a in the Bible that there must have been other people besides Adam and Eve. Scripture tells us that Adam is the first man� (1 Corinthians 15:45); that there were no other humans when he was created, because God said, It is not good that the man should be alone (Genesis 2:18); and that Eve is the mother of all living (Genesis 3:20). Cain and Abel, then, must have married distant sisters. All of the first-generation siblings married each other in order to populate the earth. At that time there was no law against incest. But as the population grew large enough, and as the risk of genetic problems increased because of sin’s curse, God outlawed marriage between siblings.
            (Taken from Evidence Bible mentioned in 1 John.)

            Prayers
            Georgey
            ID 3084
          • Anoop K Baby
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 21 3:33 AM
              Dear Chev. Daniel and others,

              Thank you so much for this answer. I was searching for the same question's answer for the past 10 years. One of my Hindu asked the same question by taking Genesis 4:17. That time I discussed about this with few priests in our church. But none can answer this question properly. Now I got a proper explanation for this. Once again thank you so much.

              Regards

              Anoop K Baby
              Member ID# 1005
              St. Johns Jacobite Syrian Church, Nellikkunnel, Mannathoor
            • Chev. Thomas Daniel
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 23 1:47 AM
                Dear Sajan Mathew
                Shlomo

                Nice and thought provoking approach.

                In your posting,

                "God separated the female element from Adam and named her EVE".
                Unquote

                But GOD did not named the women, it was Adam who named women "Eve", that was also much latter.

                Genesis 3- 20: "And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living." -King James Version

                Keep posting
                In HIS Love
                Chev. Thomas Daniel (Reji)
                # 0001