Importance of the Jacobites in the coming Election

  • J M Paul
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9, 2009
      Dear All,
      Earlier in this forum I have mentioned that the numerical strength of the Jacobite Syrian Community in the Chalakudy Parliamentary Constituency could change the political map of the constituency. Now both the UDF and LDF are considering a Jacobite for it.

      See the mangalam news
      http://mangalam.com/index.php?page=detail&nid=137616

      J M Paul
      ID # 1040
    • Victor Sam Mathews
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15, 2009
        The Piravom segment brings with it 12 new grama panchayat segments spread over Kanayannur and Moovattupuzha taluks to the Parliament segment. An interesting feature of the delimited Kottayam Parliament constituency would be the tilt in the equation among various communities. The loss of Vazhoor and Changanassery may have its impact on the Hindu votes in the constituency, while the politically sensitive Jacobite Church which has a dominant presence in the Piravom Assembly segment, would now play more active role in deciding the final outcome.

        Best Regards,
        Victor Sam Mathews.