Churches in Bangalore

  • Apu Jose
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9, 2009
      Dear readers,

      Please give me details of all the Syriac Orthodox Church in and around Bangalore. All the Churches and Congregations under Jacobite Syrian Christian Church , Knayaya Syrian church and Evangelistic Association of the East (Paurasthya Suvishesha Samajam).Please ensure that Service timings is also given.Please mention which Church is nearby Christ University ,Hosur Road in Bangalore.

      With prayers
      Apu jose
      Bhubaneswar, Orissa
      4096
    • Binoy K P
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 12, 2009
        Dear Appu,

        Details about  Churches in Bangalore are available at St Mary's cathedral's website, http://www.bsmcathedral.org/Churches_Bangalore.html

        This doesn't include the information about any Knanaya church, as per my understanding there are 2  Knanaya churches in Bangalore.

        From christ university the Hosa Road church will be near by, around 6 KMS . You can take any bus going towards electronics City and get down at Hosa Road Junction ( Central Jail Junction) . This church is under construction and the services are conducted at the basement I guess. It is on the right hand side of the highway and one plot inside,there is one sign borad on the main road itself. You can see one Bakery along the highway and the chruch is behind that building ( Second plot after the bakery when you walk along the hosa road).

        Holy Qurbano starts at 8.30 AM.

        You can try Queen's Road Cathedral too, it is around 8 KMS from Christ College. There are 2 services on Sundays, 7.00 Am as well as at 9.00 Am. This is close to Shivaji nagar bus stand  and Cantonment railway station. Contact details are given in the web site. You can call achan for any clarification on route etc.

        regards
        Binoy