Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1897 , Mar 3, 2009
      "When a man reveres God with all his heart and with faith, he receives through God's providence the power to control anger and desire; for it is desire and anger which are the cause of all evils."

      St. Antony the Great.

      "I will love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust." Psalms 18:1-2
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1897 of 1897 , Jun 20 5:47 PM

        "The Apostles are bidden not to carry staffs in their hands, for thus Matthew thought it should be written (cf. Mt. 10:10). What is a staff if not a sign of the exercise of power and an instrument for inflicting pain? Therefore, the Disciples obey the precept of their humble Lord - for `in His humiliation His judgement was taken away' [Is. 53:8] - their humble Lord, I say, through the obligation of His humiliation; for He sent them to sow the faith, not to enforce it, but to teach it, and not emphasize the force of power, but extol the doctrine of humility."

        St. Ambrose of Milan, Exposition of the Holy Gospel According to Saint Luke.

        "Let all that you do be done with love."  1 Corinthians 16:14

        The Bible reading for the 14th of Baunah, June 21, is:
        20 Most assuredly, I say to you that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; and you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will be turned into joy. 21 A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world. 22 Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you. 23 And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. 24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. 25 These things I have spoken to you in figurative language; but the time is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language, but I will tell you plainly about the Father. 26 In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you; 27 for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God. 28 I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father. 29 His disciples said to Him, See, now You are speaking plainly, and using no figure of speech! 30 Now we are sure that You know all things, and have no need that anyone should question You. By this we believe that You came forth from God. 31 Jesus answered them, Do you now believe? 32 Indeed the hour is coming, yes, has now come, that you will be scattered, each to his own, and will leave Me alone. And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me. 33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. (John 16:20-33)
        Departure of Pope Yoannis the Nineteenth, 113th Patriarch of Alexandria.
        Martyrdom of Sts. Apakir, John, Ptolemy and Philip.

        The Bible reading for the 15th of Baunah, June 22, is: Luke 11:53-12:12
        The Turning Over of the Relics of the Great St. Mark the Apostle by the hand of Pope Paul the Sixth, Pope of Rome.
        The Consecration of the Church of Saint Mina, the Wonder Worker at Maryut.

        Prayer Requests:

        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Urgent: Magda - Cancer.
        Anthony Cacho - Recovery from heart surgery on 6/1 (valve replacement and bypass). Also, his wife for comfort.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.
        Sam - Drugs Addiction.
        B.E.
        Yaga - Cancer.