Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1393 , Feb 24, 2009
      "Above all this, we have been given humility, which watches over all the virtues and is that great holy strength with which God clothed Himself when He came into the world. Humility is the rampart of the virtues, the treasury of works, the saving armor and the cure for every wound. When they made the fine linens, the gold, and all the fittings of the Tabernacle, they covered them with sackcloth. Humility is least among men, but precious and glorious before God. If we acquire it we shall trample the whole force of the enemy underfoot. It is said, 'Whom shall I consider, if not the humble and meek?'"

      St. Pachomius.

      "For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace." Romans 8:6
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1393 of 1393 , May 24 9:15 PM

        "The fathers tell us that there are various methods of resisting the temptations of the mind and various ways of defeating them, according to the strength of the one who struggles: one may either pray against evil thoughts or enter into contention with them, or else turn them away by contempt. The last method is that of the most perfect souls. As for contending with our thoughts, this too is a method suitable to those who are in progress. Beginners and weak souls should pray, evoking good thoughts against evil imaginings, for St. Isaac teaches that passions should be circumvented by the guile of virtues. When we are assailed by delusions, so that we cannot pray humbly and in interior silence, we should take arms again them, displacing evil thoughts by good ones."

           St. Nilus of Sora.

        "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous."  Romans 5:19

        Prayer Requests:

        Scott Joshua J.
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith