An appeal - St. George Jacobite Syrian Church Kovilkadavu, Marayoor

  • MOR BEHNAN STUDY CIRCLE
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2009
      Help needed for our brothers of St. George Jacobite Syrian Church Kovilkadavu,Marayoor to complete their dream of attending Holy mass at newly built church. This church belongs to high range area of Angamaly diocese.

      Read letter from Vicar Fr. Mathew Kaattiparambil
      http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/LetterSt.georgechurch.pdf

      Photo

      http://malankarasyriacvoice.com/Compoundfor%20new%20churchbuilding%20%20.jpg
    • Varkey Titus
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2009
        Dear Moderators,

        Yours and Mor Behnan Study Circle's sincere efforts in spreading the
        request for renovation of the above-mentioned Church is very much
        appreciated. However, when you spread this news item, you could
        have uploaded a SUPPORTING kalpana in this regard from the Metropolitan In-Charge of Hirange Area H.G. Mathews Mor Aprem. This will give more authenticity to the request. The photo given was of a dilapidated shed, where obviously no Holy Qurbana could have celebrated for long, but why not sending the photo of the 'already started' church construction, as mentioned in the Vicar's letter?

        Again, is the bank account number given is opened in the name of the Church or in the name of the Vicar? It is not clear as well. You know, now DD's are not able to issue in the name of a relegious instituion, as per the Indian Govt. directives and it is possible only in the name of a person. Hence, the supporting kalpana from the diocesan bishop and/or metropolitan incharge will give more genuinity for this request and people can send money in the name of the Vicar Fr. Mathew Kaattiparambil itself. I hope you can do the needful at the earliest.

        Regards

        Varkey Titus
        Id # 1024