Gregorian Chats for Great Lent

  • Mathew G M
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2009
      As we are in Great Lent, it is a time of repentence and prayer. Here
      are some great Christian chants on repentence. It is not from the
      Syriac tradition, but rather from the Latin tradition. I have given
      the lyrics in latin so you can follow along with the audio as well as
      the translation in English so you can understand the meaning.

      Miseris omnium, Domine ("Lord, you are merciful to all"; sung during
      the Latin rite of Ash Wednesday)

      http://gregorianchanting.googlepages.com/miserisomnium

      Audi, benígne Cónditor ("Thou loving Maker of mankind" ; from the
      Latin rite vespers of Lent)
      http://gregorianchanting.googlepages.com/audibenigneconditor

      Emendemus in melius ("Let us mend our ways" ; from the Latin rite
      First Sunday of Lent)
      http://gregorianchanting.googlepages.com/emendemusinmelius

      Hope you enjoy these Gregorian Chants as much as I did.

      In Christ,
      Mathew G M
      # 0929