Isaac of Syria - Following Christ

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 19 3:21 PM
      Do not
      be astonished if, when you practice virtue, severe tribulation break out against
      you on every side. Virtue is not accounted virtue if it is not accompanied by
      difficulty and by labors. That is why all those who in the fear of the Lord
      wish to live in Jesus Christ will suffer affliction. For he says, �Whoever
      wants to follow Me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow Me. If
      anyone wishes to save his life in comfort, he will lose it; if anyone shall
      lose his life for my sake, he will find it� (Matthew 16:24; 10:39). For this
      reason, then our Lord pace before you the cross, that you might sentience
      yourself to death, and then send forth your soul to go after Him.

      From: Daily Readings with St. Isaac of Syria
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2492388
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2492451