Patriarchal Day Celebrations

  • Rev. Fr. Dr. Varghese P. Manikat
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2009
      Dear Brethren,
      As we all know, the Chief of the Apostles, St. Peter established the
      Throne at Antioch in AD 37. The Syrian Church is the most ancient
      Church in the world and we have every reason to be proud of being
      part of the Universal Syriac Orthodox Church. According to Fr. Bede
      Griffiths, "The Syrian Church is the remnant of a once great and
      glorious Church, which extended its sway from Antioch on the shores
      of the Mediterranean right across Asia to India and China. Its
      importance for Christendom as a whole remains very great both because
      of the beauty and antiquity of its prayers and its rites, and because
      it is the one surviving link with the ancient Aramaic Church, which
      was the Mother Church of all Christendom". It is our solemn
      responsibility to celebrate the establishment of the Holy Throne and
      pray for our Church, Ecclesiastical leaders and the Faithful. Under
      the spiritual guidance and dynamic leadership of His Holiness Moran
      Mor Ignatius Zakka Iwas 1st, the Church has grown in leaps and bounds
      and spread all over the World.

      The faithful of Malankara Archdiocese is planning to celebrate the
      Patriarchal Day at our St. George's Church, Carteret, New Jersey on
      February 28, 2009. This year, the celebrations will be blessed by the
      esteemed presence of His Beatitude Mor Baselios Thomas 1st, the
      Catholicose. The celebrations will start at 9.00 a.m. with morning
      prayers and Holy Qurbono by His Beatitude. There will be a public
      meeting in which leaders of various spiritual organizations will be
      participating. All members of the Archdiocese, in and around the
      tristate area are invited to attend and make this celebration a great
      success.

      Sincerely,

      Rev. Fr. (Dr.) Varghese P. Manikat
      Archdiocesan Secretary