Re: Could anyone help me garner information on YOUHANON SLEEHA

  • Kakanadan
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 17, 2009
      'O' Fr. Mani Rajan,

      Thank You, That was so nice of you. I am a parish member of St.Johns church, So I thought of having some input about St.John's. If you manage to get any photographs please do send it. Once again I thank you for your precious time.

      Regards
      Kakanadan
      4153
    • Anoop Mani
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 17, 2009
        Respected Father,

        Thank you for writing such an authentic article. Though the incidents mentioned in the Holy Bible are familiar to all, the historicals events illustrated are entirely new to everybody. It feels wonderful also.

        Anoop
        # 4037
      • Mathew G M
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 20, 2009
          Dear Kakanadan,

          I don't think we can ever find a photograph of St.John the Apostle,
          Evangelist and Theologian, as photography was invented only recently.
          There are several Eastern Orthodox icons of St.John available.

          The following is an icon of St. John from the Greek Orthodox Church.

          http://tinyurl.com/dzt6y9

          You can see another icon at:

          http://tinyurl.com/djmkld

          There is yet another icon at:
          http://tinyurl.com/d942oo

          I like the last one better, where the saint is depicted as a darker
          skinned man. When we see all the saints, apostles and angels depicted
          as fair skinned people in iconography, atleast in the subconscious
          people might think that this is a person much different from me. When
          the Saints are depicted in iconography as someone who looks like and
          has the same complexion of the people in the congregation, the saint
          is more like one among us.

          In Christ,
          Mathew G M
          # 0929