Helping the community via placements

  • Shibu V. Abraham
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 10, 2009
      Dear sir,

      I was wondering if the SOCF could introduce a Vacancies Databank
      whereby, the members could post the positions available within their
      area/knowledge and circulate among members for benefiting our
      community.

      For the present, there is a requirement of a QA/QC Electrical Engineer
      to work in UAE. The candidate should be working anywhere in the
      middle east, preferably UAE/Oman (This is for a convenient
      mobilisation and easy verification of the current status. I don't
      have any Job Description for the position yet, but the ideal candidate
      should have at least 5 years of Cable laying etc. kind of an
      experience in the industry.

      Thanks and regards,

      Shibu V. Abraham
      # 4155
    • John Mancha
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 12, 2009
        It is a great idea of helping our people with the placement assistance, specially at this critical time.

        Request SOCM to take care of this request to start a WEB based placement cell.

        John Mancha
        Bangalore.
        0921
      • Kakanadan Bhai
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 12, 2009
          Dear All,

          This is a real good idea to help our youth.
          Kakanadan
          4153
        • Prakash John
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 12, 2009
            Hi,

            How you are planning the process of placements;  You wish to start up a data bank of candidature as well as data bank of Corporates, who would be prospective employers ?

            This will involve lot of data support and,  according to me,  a department in itself to support the activities.

            I wish to know how you plan to take it ahead.

            P. John
            Ahmedabad

          • Shibu and Sherin
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 14, 2009
              Dear sir,

              Thanks for your encouraging words.

              I'd consider this Forum as a small Meeting Place wherein constructively we devise ways and means for our combined development, irrespective of our locations. We can share our thoughts on the various possibilities, we are aware of, whereby we can have our people employed, thereby securing positions for our people. By meaning `Our People' I mean, not necessarily someone from our religion, instead I mean, anyone, who we think could be utilized for our community's benefit. We don't really need to have a database of prospective candidates or employers. Just let our people know via this Forum the possible vacancies that we get to know about. The CVs could either be sent straight to the employer or to the publisher via the Moderators, if its alright with them.

              Thanks and regards,

              Shibu and Sherin
              # 4155