Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1393 , Feb 10, 2009
      "It is not the clever, the noble, the polished speakers, or the rich who win, but whoever is insulted and forbears, whoever is wronged and forgives, whoever is slandered and endures, whoever becomes a sponge and mops up whatever they might say to him. Such a person is cleansed and polished even more. He reaches great heights. He delights in the theoria of mysteries. And finally, it is he who is already inside paradise, while still in this life."

      Elder Joseph the Hesychast.

      "We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord." 2 Corinthians 5:8
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1393 of 1393 , May 24 9:15 PM

        "The fathers tell us that there are various methods of resisting the temptations of the mind and various ways of defeating them, according to the strength of the one who struggles: one may either pray against evil thoughts or enter into contention with them, or else turn them away by contempt. The last method is that of the most perfect souls. As for contending with our thoughts, this too is a method suitable to those who are in progress. Beginners and weak souls should pray, evoking good thoughts against evil imaginings, for St. Isaac teaches that passions should be circumvented by the guile of virtues. When we are assailed by delusions, so that we cannot pray humbly and in interior silence, we should take arms again them, displacing evil thoughts by good ones."

           St. Nilus of Sora.

        "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous."  Romans 5:19

        Prayer Requests:

        Scott Joshua J.
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith