Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1878 , Feb 9, 2009
      "...we hold the words 'Holy God' to refer to the Father, without limiting the title of divinity to Him alone, but acknowledging also as God the Son and the Holy Spirit: and the words 'Holy and Mighty' we ascribe to the Son, without stripping the Father and the Holy Spirit of might: and the words 'Holy and Immortal' we attribute to the Holy Spirit, without depriving the Father and the Son of immortality."

      St. John of Damascus.

      When You said, "Seek My face," My heart said to You, "Your face, Lord, I will seek." Psalm 27:8
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1878 of 1878 , May 22 6:36 PM
        Rejoice! Christ is Risen!

        "When a thought oppresses you, do not be downhearted, but put up with it in courage, saying, 'They swarmed around me closer and closer, but I drove them back in the name of the Lord' (Ps. 118:11). Divine help will arrive at your side immediately, and you will drive them away from you, and courage will compass you round about, and the glory of God will walk with you; and 'you will be filled to your soul's desire' (Isa. 58:11)."

        St. Pachomius the Great, Pachomian Koinonia III.

        ------------------------------ -----------------

        "I love the Lord, because He has heard My voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live."  Psalm 116:1-2

        ------------------------------ -----------------

        The Bible reading for the 15th of Bashans, May 23, is:
        23 And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. 24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. 25 These things I have spoken to you in figurative language; but the time is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language, but I will tell you plainly about the Father. 26 In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you; 27 for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God. 28 I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father. 29 His disciples said to Him, See, now You are speaking plainly, and using no figure of speech! 30 Now we are sure that You know all things, and have no need that anyone should question You. By this we believe that You came forth from God. 31 Jesus answered them, Do you now believe? 32 Indeed the hour is coming, yes, has now come, that you will be scattered, each to his own, and will leave Me alone. And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me. 33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. (John 16:23-33)
        Martyrdom of St. Simon the Zealot, the Apostle who is known by (Simon the Canaanite).
        Martyrdom of 400 martyrs in Dandara (Denderah).
        Commemoration of St. Mina the Deacon.

        The Bible reading for the 16th of Bashans, May 24, is: John 17:1-9
        Commemoration of St. John The Evangelist.

        ------------------------------ -----------------

        Prayer Requests:

        Anthony C. - Heart surgery on 5/25 (valve replacement and bypass). Also, his wife for comfort.
        I. Tadros - Broken ankle, awaiting surgery.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.
        Sam - Drugs Addiction.
        B.E.
        The Helmi family.
        Yaga - Cancer.
        Robert - 8-month-old infant with a rare kidney disease.
        Faith and family - Healing and guidance
        Ricardo F. - Serious Health issues
        Thomas, Matthew, Irene and Ayman M.
        Hanna - Heart surgery
        Ursula - Another surgery
        Evelyn - Cancer
        5 years old Luke - Health issues
        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        AA and her kids
        MB
        Emad
        Brienne B. - Dealing with a serious illness
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        Mina, I.
        Mary - Illness