Are We MINORITIES in India, Are we living in independent India?

  • Kakanadan Bhai
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2009
      Dear All,

      I really doubt that If we christians are really being pushed to the corner?

      Hope you would have heard some of the supid comments made by Mr. MUTHALIC supremo of Sree Ram Sena (Group which beat girls in Pubs in bangalore), (Self declared protector of Indian Tradition). I was irritaated to hear a comment made by muthalic on a news channel that Valentines Day celebration is conspiracy made by the Christains against the Indian Tradition. and the christians are behind it.

      What kind of response is required from we christians??
      How are we going to defend ourselves from such comments?

      Kakanadan
      4153
    • Rev. Fr.George V. Vayaliparambil
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 6, 2009
        Dear Kakkanadan

        It is very sensitive news for all of us. We cannot blame others for all the misery. Even if we are Christians we should keep Christian values. It is true that we are living in Independent India. But freedom doesn't mean for living in any way as we wish. Even if we are Indians we should keep the richness of its culture, we should respect the other religions and we should never cause to provoke others. I am sad to say that we really not witnessing the Christian values to the world (Sorry). It is better to say that some times Christians are the messengers of western culture. Now I am in Australia. I happened to meet many Hindu and Muslim brothers from India here. They are successful in keeping their identity in there words and deeds, their rituals and faith, the dress code and externals . It is very appreciating that at least in public they are keeping the values of their own nation. But among the Christians it is rare to find such people. We think we are dominant and we can have anything, even we are not at all willing to keep the basic principles of Christian life.

        It is for our own reflection. Am I a messenger of Kingdom values? If I am a messenger of Kingdom of God I should obey each and every word of God. There is nothing to deduct and omit from the Word of God.
        Let us Praise the Lord for the way He prepares to mold us.

        Regards

        Fr. George Vayaliparambil
      • Shibu
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 7, 2009
          Dear sir,

          I feel Indian society is one of the FREEIEST in the world. We are
          not only free to do whatever we want, but also we are free to stop
          others from doing whatever they want. It all depends how strong is
          your position. This act is un-limited, in fact, we are from a
          society that gives the freedom to impose opinion on others and if
          needed, eliminate those who don't agree, either physically or
          turning them into outcasts in some form or the other.

          Valentines day is about as strange as, it is to Christians of
          India, as it is to the Hindus.

          Putting all the blame on Christians is one of the easiest for the
          Indian Far-Right. It is tough for them to deal with the Muslims,
          besides, a back-lash is guaranteed sooner than later. They wont
          touch the Muslims for obvious reasons, or, for being a part of the
          Indian Hindu society which rejects Polygamy. Those of you who
          have had their childhood in North India would know it better,
          this poisoned grudge towards Christians has also slowly spread to
          the South via. the offsprings of the South Indians, who are
          born and bread in the North – I'd say some sort of a Right-wing
          venom is consumed by them to quickly mix in the Ultra-Right north
          Indian society. On another note, I'd say this too much of grudge
          towards Christians is from those Hindus who actually got educated
          from Schools that are run by the Catholic or Christian Churches.

          Indians or I would say Asians have not yet reached the point of
          calling the Women equal to men and rightly so. You compare the
          educated Indian women with Western European or North American
          counter-parts, you will note, Educated women in India consider
          themselves, sitting a Tire above the rest of the country. This
          feeling is generally among the First Generation of Educated Indian
          Women, especially from the cities. Most of them are very
          aggressive, and they take revenge on their Husbands or anyone weak
          enough in responsiveness.

          Pub culture is not quite like of India especially for women. As
          we have not yet reached the generation of `First Among Equals'.

          A while back I saw a programme in the BBC wherein they had compared
          the Religious or Cast differences that prevailed among the people
          of India from both City-dwellers and Villagers during the time of
          Independence and Contemporary Indians. The survey revealed that
          contemporary Indians consider themselves Cast-wise divided a lot
          more than they used to be 50 years or so, earlier. Which
          obviously means that the people have got educated a lot, alright,
          but at the same time the education has not eradicated some of the
          Medivial evil customs of India, which the British managed to stamp
          out during their rule. In fact, this division or as a lot of
          people might call it `Self-Discovery' (or NAV-JAGARAN as termed by
          VHP/RSS), among the people has only gone strong and is growing.

          We as Christians, our response to the current Anti-christian
          euphoria via Valentines Day/Pub Culture etc. is, I'd say is – just
          remain as independent as possible, keep the Christian brotherhood in
          mind, but at the same time love people of other religions as well,
          do more favours to those who conspire against us, keep your mind
          reminded the ill-feeling your counter-part hides in his mind. This
          is what the Americans call – Carrot treatment. In fact, give us as
          much of favours you can to the friends of your enemies as well.
          Let not the conscience of the enemy say a word against us. Believe
          me, this works, I have made it work in my life.

          Most of the harassment and hardships we can find mostly in North
          India. Kerala public, both Hindus and Muslims are a lot better
          than their North Indian counter-parts.

          We should try to get our people financial independence as much as
          possible. You see, Parasees (Zorashtrians) don't face any sort of
          a problem in India, its because they are financial independent. In
          fact as you all know they are not even Indians by ancestral
          lineage. Our financial independence, can avoid any sort of a
          confrontation that we may face from other communities. Thus we must
          in whatever way possible help each other (Not financially), I mean
          guide the members of our community in whatever way possible, at the
          same time neither remind nor remember any of the favours done to
          others.

          Regards,
          Shibu
          4119
        • Kakanadan
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 13, 2009
            Thank you Father,

            For having shared your view on the matter and now Muthalic behind bars it is quite clear that He who eats salt, drinks water.
            I just wanted to prove my point that we Christians, disciples of Jesus Christ... Fight with our own brothers (Though they have created different factions, they are still our brother at large.) and daemons like MUTHALIC (Sree Ram Sena)and BAJRANG DAL rape our nuns, mothers and sisters, We have got the appetite to digest all what happens to us and we eagerly wait for something else much bigger than this to happen.

            Now point is quite simple are we going to face all odds and let things happen in front of our eyes Or are we making a united sound as christians.

            Everything is fine untill this happens to you oneday, when you are the recieving end facing the brunt.... till then all is fine.
            We need to make our voices heard and play all cards of diplomacy.
            Why do they don't play with Muslims.??

            I would accept your point of brotherhood in Australia or some other place of the world, Not in India with some of the terrorist factions who want a hinduraj.

            Regards
            Kakanadan