Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1330 , Feb 3 7:29 PM
      "The pleasure of the spirit increases our inner longing even while it satisfies us, since the more we savor it, the more we perceive that there is something more to long for. When we do not possess it, however, we cannot love it, because its savor is unknown. Who can love what is unknown? Therefore the psalmist counsels us, 'Taste and see that the Lord is good.; He means that we will not get to know the Lord's goodness unless we taste it. You must taste the food of life with your hearts, so that by trying it, you can become capable of loving its goodness."

      St. Gregory the Great.

      "I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh." Galatians 5:16
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1330 of 1330 , Feb 5 8:19 PM

        "Jonah was fleeing from the face of God, or rather, thought that he was fleeing: but he was overtaken by the sea, and the storm, and the lot, and the whale’s belly, and the three days’ entombment, the type of a greater mystery. He fled from having to announce the dread and awful message to the Ninevites, and from being subsequently, if the city was saved by repentance, convicted of falsehood: not that he was displeased at the salvation of the wicked, but he was ashamed of being made an instrument of falsehood, and exceedingly zealous for the credit of prophecy, which was in danger of being destroyed in his person, since most men are unable to penetrate the depth of the Divine dispensation in such cases."

           St. Gregory Nazianzen.

        "For the Lord is great and greatly to be praised; He is to be feared above all gods."  Psalm 96:4

        Prayer Requests:

        J. De Ramos - Stage 1 Leukemia.
        Mina, I.
        Mary - Illness