Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1567 , Feb 3 7:29 PM
      "The pleasure of the spirit increases our inner longing even while it satisfies us, since the more we savor it, the more we perceive that there is something more to long for. When we do not possess it, however, we cannot love it, because its savor is unknown. Who can love what is unknown? Therefore the psalmist counsels us, 'Taste and see that the Lord is good.; He means that we will not get to know the Lord's goodness unless we taste it. You must taste the food of life with your hearts, so that by trying it, you can become capable of loving its goodness."

      St. Gregory the Great.

      "I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh." Galatians 5:16
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1567 of 1567 , Feb 4 6:51 PM

        "... avoid in all possible ways communion with people, who can be a temptation to you ... The wise Solomon calls a man wise, who fears and avoids the causes of sin; and he calls foolish a man who, with great self-reliance, confidently neglects to avoid them, saying: 'A wise man fears, and departs from evil: but the fool rages, and is confident'... (Prov. 14:16)."

           Lorenzo Scupoli.

        "Give to the Lord, O families of the peoples, Give to the Lord glory and strength. Give to the Lord the glory due His name; Bring an offering, and come into His courts. Oh, worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness!"  Psalm 96:7-9

        Prayer Requests:

        Hanna - Heart surgery
        Ursula - Another surgery
        Evelyn - Cancer
        5 years old Luke and 8 years old Cassie - Health issues
        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        Christina P.
        Dena T.