Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1433 , Feb 3, 2009
      "The pleasure of the spirit increases our inner longing even while it satisfies us, since the more we savor it, the more we perceive that there is something more to long for. When we do not possess it, however, we cannot love it, because its savor is unknown. Who can love what is unknown? Therefore the psalmist counsels us, 'Taste and see that the Lord is good.; He means that we will not get to know the Lord's goodness unless we taste it. You must taste the food of life with your hearts, so that by trying it, you can become capable of loving its goodness."

      St. Gregory the Great.

      "I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh." Galatians 5:16
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1433 of 1433 , Jul 20 7:26 PM

        "... had the serpent been rejected, along with sin, they would have eaten of the Tree of Life, and the Tree of Knowledge would no longer have been withheld from them. From the latter they would have acquired infallible knowledge, while from the former they would have received immortal life. They would have acquired divinity in humanity. And had they thus acquired infallible knowledge and immortal life, they would have done so in this body."

           St. Ephrem the Syrian.

        "Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced."  1 Chronicles 16:11-12

        Prayer Requests:

        AA and her kids
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith