Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1860 , Feb 2, 2009
      "Let us love one another and be loved by God; let us be patient with one another and He will be patient with our sins. Let us not render evil for evil, and we shall not receive our due for our sins. For we find the forgiveness of our trespasses in the forgiving of our brothers; and the mercy of God is hidden in mercifulness to our neighbor. Therefore the Lord said: 'Forgive, and you shall be forgiven.' And: ' If you will forgive men their offences, your heavenly Father will forgive you also your offences.' And again: 'Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.' And: 'With what measure you mete, it shall be measured to you again.' See, the Lord bestowed on us the method of salvation and has given us eternal power to become sons of God. So finally then our salvation is in our will's grasp."

      St. Maximus the Confessor.

      "Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another." Galatians 5:26
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1860 of 1860 , Apr 24 6:06 PM
        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "As to believe carelessly and in a random way, comes of an over-easy temper; so to be beyond measure curious and meddlesome, marks a most gross understanding. On this account Thomas is held to blame. For he believed not the Apostles when they said, "We have seen the Lord"; not so much mistrusting them, as deeming the thing to be impossible, that is to say, the resurrection from the dead. Since he saith not, "I do not believe you," but, "Except I put my hand-I do not believe." But how was it, that when all were collected together, he alone was absent? Probably after the dispersion which had lately taken place, he had not returned even then. But do thou, when thou seest the unbelief of the disciple, consider the lovingkindness of the Lord, how for the sake of a single soul He showed Himself with His wounds, and cometh in order to save even the one, though he was grosser than the rest; on which account indeed he sought proof from the grossest of the senses, and would not even trust his eyes. For he said not, "Except I see," but, "Except I handle," he saith, lest what he saw might somehow be an apparition. Yet the disciples who told him these things, were at the time worthy of credit, and so was He that promised; yet, since he desired more, Christ did not deprive him even of this."

        St. John Chrysostom, Commentary on the Belief of St. Thomas.

        "So the congregation of the peoples shall surround You; For their sakes, therefore, return on high. The Lord shall judge the peoples."  Psalm 7:7-8

        The Bible reading for the 17th of Baramoudah, April 25, is:
        22 For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, 23 that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him. 24 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life. (John 5:22-24)
        Martyrdom of St. James the Apostle, brother of St. John the Apostle.

        The Bible reading for the 18th of Baramoudah, April 26, is: John 5:31-37
        Martyrdom of St. Arsenius, Slave of St. Sousnyous.

        Prayer Requests:

        I. Tadros - Broken ankle, awaiting surgery.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.
        Sam - Drugs Addiction.
        B.E.
        The Helmi family.
        Yaga - Cancer.
        Robert - 8-month-old infant with a rare kidney disease.
        Faith and family - Healing and guidance
        Ricardo F. - Serious Health issues
        Thomas, Matthew, Irene and Ayman M.
        Hanna - Heart surgery
        Ursula - Another surgery
        Evelyn - Cancer
        5 years old Luke - Health issues
        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        AA and her kids
        MB
        Emad
        Brienne B. - Dealing with a serious illness
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        Mina, I.
        Mary - Illness