3 day Nineveh fast....Once a year event...can't miss out!!

  • Rev. Dn. Belson Kuriakose
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2009
      Who: All faithful Orthodox Christians

      What: 3 day Nineveh fast- THE SHORTEST LENT IN THE CHURCH CALENDER

      When: Feb 2- Feb-4

      Where: Inside each of your souls

      Why: Jonah disobeyed God's order to preach in Nineveh. He tried to
      get on another ship going to another city, but because of God's wrath,
      he was thrown overboard by the crew and eaten by a large whale. He
      prayed and fasted for three days to God about his faith in him and he
      pleaded repentance. On the third day he was released......

      Let's all take this opportunity to repent for all our transgressions
      and once again confess our faith in the Almighty one. Before we run a
      marathon, we often times stretch and warm up our bodies. Similarly,
      let this mini 3 day fast be a "warm-up" to our souls for the upcoming
      great lent.

      With prayers,

      Dn. Belson Kuriakose
      New York